Susan Stimpson served on the Stafford County Board of Supervisors from 2010 through 2013. As Falmouth District Supervisor and Chairman of the Board, Susan fought successfully for lower taxes, spending cuts and a more efficient, accountable government. Under her leadership, Stafford County’s budget was reduced, 9 taxes were lowered or eliminated, and the county prioritized spending to focus on roads, schools and public safety. Stafford’s economy is booming, reaching #1 in Virginia for job growth and #4 for business growth. Susan’s record is proof that conservative governance works.
Susan attended the University of Mary Washington and met her husband Dan in her senior year. Dan, an enlisted Marine who then graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy, was a helicopter pilot in the Marine Corps. They moved around the country while he served on active duty but made Fredericksburg their home when he retired after 24 years of service. They have two teenage children.
Masters of Public Administration, the University of West Florida
- Potomac Rappahannock Transit Commission (PRTC) Board member 2010-2012
- Virginia Railways Express (VRE) Board member 2010-2012, Executive Committee 2011-2012
- Military Affairs Council (2012-2013)
- Stafford County Board of Supervisors
- Finance and Budget Committee (2010-2013)
- Economic Development Committee (2010-2013)
- Legislative Committee (2010-2013)